Text

The Continuing Misadventures of a 40K Noob

Monday, June 28, 2010

Well, Astronomi-con Was Fun Now, Wasn't It?

Sorry for the lack of posts recently.  Attempting to paint an army basically in a week was just too much.

Astronomi-con, was, well, an absolute blast!!  6 games in 2 days gave the "Noob" some well needed table experience, and the way the Con is set up made it great.

For Dallas, they had 38 players.  each Table was a different scenario, and they randomly assign players to tables, so you didn't know who you would be fighting until you sat down.  At the same time you found out how the battle would go down.  It was great.

I went 0-3-3, the three ties obviously being the highlights for me (2 of them were slightly in my favor which I was really proud of).I fought Tyranids, 2 Space Marine Armys, an IG army, an Ork horde, and a Tau army that shot me up into little pieces.  The best part about the Dallas scene, really, is that all the players (at Astro, at least) are there for the fun.  It's no real secret that I'm here for the game.  The joy of playing for playing, and every one I faced at Astro seemed to just enjoy the time spent.  I met some great people, saw some kick ass armies, and had a great weekend.  To Mike and Chris. thanks for dragging yourselves all the way from Canada to our neck of the woods.  I sincerely hope you make it back our way again.

Well, that's the update.  Hope you all had a good 40K time this weekend.

Keep rolling 6's.

No comments:

Post a Comment