Text

The Continuing Misadventures of a 40K Noob

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Noob Goes 1 and 1

So Saturday was my big Combat Patrol day. Let me say that I don't think I've had more gaming fun in quite some time. The guys in Adeptus North Texas (my gaming group) are fantastic, and really helpful to new players.

Game 1 was against Grey Knights. Here's a tip: don't get locked in close combat with Grey Knight Terminators. They took out an entire tac squad until a second squad turned the tide based on numbers alone. My Dread also did his job, holding up a GK tac squad and preventing them from getting involved elsewhere. By the end of turn 5 I had finally cleaned the board and taken the win.

Game 2 saw my Ultramarines squaring off against an IG army. To let you know how the game went, my Dread (with missile rack to handle his armor) was wiped out in the first half of turn 1, before I even moved. And it went downhill from there. the bike squad (along with Chaplain on bike) was useless, my Terminators were wiped out, and I was completely swept off the board by turn 4. Oh, well, it was a good time anyway.

Sunday I played a 1500 point game against another Space Marine army. Again, a loss. Again, the bike squad was useless, the Chaplain was no help, and my Land Speeders were less than helpful (although keeping them in reserve wasn't the best idea at all).

All in all, though, it was a great weekend of 40K. I signed up for another tournament starting June 27, and I'm looking at maybe doing a Tourney at the end of July in Austin. Yes, I have become a 40K addict.

Is it a bad sign I'm already contemplating starting a Tau army????

No comments:

Post a Comment