Text

The Continuing Misadventures of a 40K Noob

Monday, August 30, 2010

More Noob-ocalypse: "The Fall of Man is Nigh", Part 2


 "The Fall of Man is Nigh, Part 2"
 The Father does not slumber. He does not rest. His pace is slow, but
it is relentless… purposeful. Unstoppable. His realm is that of life
and death, of corruption and ruin. So many do not recognize that there
is no conflict in relishing death as well as life, but to the non-
fool, they are truly one and the same. A disease is merely another
form of life, forcing its own will to live upon its prey. It’s funny
how one doesn’t see a pack of wolves hunting its prey as a “disease”,
but there really is no difference. All diseases are children of Father
Nurgle, and he loves each one of them. Decay and ruin are all parts of
life. Without them, the cycle would never complete. But the Father
does not care who understands. He does not care that he is loathed by
most. He only cares about his children, and that the cycle of life is
completed… even if, when by his hand, it is at an accelerated rate.

“Epidemius. Hear me, my favored son.” The voice booms across the
immaterium, but only one hears the call. The answer comes at a much
lower intensity, but it is as firm and unbreakable as the calling
signal. “Yes Father, what is your bidding?” “You are called upon once
again to leave the warp. The Tally must be taken.” “Yes, Father.” Like
a groaning oak, bent to breaking, the voice continues. “There is more.
This incursion is no minor one… nor is it ultimately led by one of my
children. You will answer to Kairos, disciple of the Liar.” A nano-
second passes… it is as great a hesitation as Epidemius could ever
give his patriarch. “As you wish, Father.” The dark god chuckled
slowly, amused by his greatest herald’s staunch response. “Does this
not bother you, my child?” Epidemius has no doubt in his black heart,
but following his Father’s greatest adversary gave him no pleasure
either. “Your wisdom is beyond my question, Father. It is not my place
to doubt.” Nurgle’s heart, or at least the diseased clump of energy/
flesh that best passed for a heart, swelled at his son’s words. He
loved all his children, but none more so than Epidemius. “As you say,
child, but be reassured that it is all for a reason. My own agenda
will be fulfilled in time. I care not for momentary ambitions; I care
not for temporary gains. My will be done, for there is nothing that
can stop it. Decay, ruin, decease… cannot be stopped and in time all
things will feel my embrace. I am the inevitable end of all things, I
am the Omega… and yet, I am the beginning.” Nurgle paused, and then
said “You will not handle this alone, though you are to be my general.
Desecras the Putrid will be my second herald at the incursion.
Together, you will see to it that my presence is felt.”

“Yes, Father. The Tally will be taken.”

Special Thanks to Greg L. of Adeptus North Texas, the founder of and brains behind "The Fall of Men is Nigh" 

NOTE:  Mini pictured is NOT he mini being used is our game by Greg.  It is representative pulled from Google 











No comments:

Post a Comment