Text

The Continuing Misadventures of a 40K Noob

Monday, February 8, 2010

And now, for some entirely insane purchases...

As a noob to this whole 40K deal, I may have gone a bit nuts in buying minis for the Space Marine Army I am putting together (and, yes, I'm stupid enough to have signed up for a multi-week tourney starting in March).

Here's what I have so far:

2 sets of the AoBR marines (and one set of orks, should anyone need them)

The following came from a buy on Craigslist and is half painted:
1 Tactical Squad
1 Devastator Squad
1 Terminator Squad
1 Scout Squad
1 Marnius Calgar with 4 Honor Guard
1 Chaplain Cassius
1 Liberian Tigurius
1 Biker Chaplain
2 Scout Squads one squad is regular and heavy weapons and the other is a sniper squad
3 Land Speeders
1 Dreadnought
1 Venerable Dreadnought
1 Techmarine with full servo harness and 4 servitors
1 Predator tank
1 Rhino Tank

Now, for all those wonderful Ebay purchases. I know, I've gone overboard, but damn I enjoyed it. Here's what I have:

7 scouts (3snipers, 1 heavy bolter, 3 boltpistol/ccw), 21 marines( 1 sarge with powerfist/plasmapistol, 1 sarge with powerweapon/boltpistol, 1 sarge with boltpistol/ccw, 1 with missle launcher), 5 assault marines 2 with plasma pistols.

5 Man Assault Squad

3 Rhinos

2 Whirlwinds

2 Predators

Legion of the Damned 5 man squad (with Sgt)

Devastator Squad

3 MORE Bikes

4 Attack Bikes (2 w/ Multi Meltas, 1 w/ Heavy Bolter, 1 NIB)

1 Apothecary

10 Terminators

Total outlay : More than I'm willing to admit to my wife.


Now, the question: I'm playing in an escalation tourney. 1st wk: 400 pts skirmish rules, then 750, 1000, 1250, 1500, and 2000 over the next 5 weeks.

Any suggestions on setting up armies, especially the 400 pt and 750 pt as those will be my very first games and I'd like to be competitive while learning.

I defer to anyone else with a more educated opinion.....

3 comments:

  1. That's quite a haul. Do you expect to have a full 2000 points painted up in the 5 weeks? If so, you certainly have your work cut out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, some are painted already, and I fifure if wprse comes to worse I can slap dash something together for the later rounds. I think I have at least 1750 pts painted (as that's how they were bought). Now, as to what standard that paint is.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, thanks for reading the blog. Warhammer 39,999 is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete